Did You Know Blue Light is Everywhere?
Sunlight is the main source of blue light, and being outdoors during daylight is where most of us get most of our exposure to it. But there are also many man-made, indoor sources of blue light, including fluorescent and LED lighting and flat-screen televisions. Most notably, the display screens of computers, electronic notebooks, smartphones and other digital devices emit significant amounts of blue light. The amount of HEV light these devices emit is only a fraction of that emitted by the sun. However the amount of time people spend using these devices and the proximity of these screens to the user’s face have many eye doctors and other health care professionals concerned about possible long-term effects of blue light on eye health.
With chronic and long exposure the light from mobile devices can cause damage to the texture of the skin. Dr Zein Obagi finds it easy to detect which hand his patients hold their phones in, “In my experience, I have been able to tell which hand a patient holds their phone in, as the skin takes on a dull, almost dirty texture, which has not been induced by the sun.”
Dr Obagi insists that a DNA repairing agent and an antioxidant are necessary to encourage skin’s defence mechanisms. “We have been able to successfully incorporate breakthrough ingredient Liposhield HEV Melanin, a fractionated melanin, into a novel formulation while maintaining its efficacy. ZO Skin Health Oclipse® Smart Tone Broad Spectrum SPF50 first launched 5 years ago with this patented and unique ingredient, in 2017 Oclipse® Daily Sheer illustrates once again how cutting edge ZO is in innovation as they lead the market with HEV protection benefit integration across their sunscreens.
- Oclipse® Sun Spray SPF 50 A broad-spectrum sunscreen with a breakthrough, one touch, all-angle spray system that provides uniform, even coverage for the entire face and body
- Oclipse® Smart Tone SPF 50 A highly advanced, broad-spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen that offers a sheer tinted primer, designed to match any skin tone.
- Oclipse-C™ SPF 50 A Lightweight, non-irritating mineral sunscreen for the most sensitive skin types and post-procedure skin. Offers broad-spectrum protection against UVA, UVB, IR-A, and high-energy visible (HEV) light.
- Broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- Provides additional protection against high-energy visible (HEV) light
- Anti-redness properties
- Exclusive 12-hour time-release antioxidant complex guards against photo damage
Schedule a complimentary skin consultation where our estheticians can recommend a ZO Skin Health SPF for you. Call 541-618-1461 or visit thespamedford.com